Monday, October 21, 2013

Highlights of the Feast of Tabernacles - South Africa

I was preparing to conduct the Feast of Tabernacles ... allowing the Holy Spirit to lead the way. We had organised every detail of it, but I honestly didn’t have an idea on how I would bring up the message.  I had the theme, but was not certain how to develop it.
To be honest, I wasn’t worried because I knew God had it all figured out.

During my opening prayer, I told the audience that they should not look at us and believe we were saying the words.  They should see that God was using us to convey His words to them. So, I told myself that God was going to bring His words to my mouth and that was what happened.

We are keen to dwell on the little we don't have as yet, forgetting all the goodness and greatness of what we have.
You might not have the house of your dreams, the car of the year,  financial stability, your healing, a prince charming, your husband back home, your children in God's presence or many other blessings.
But one thing you have for certain - and it’s the most important and precious one - you are part of God's Nation.
How can any of us exchange the magnitude of being "God's chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people"?    This is how He refers to you in
1 Peter 2:9.
If you are special to Him, how important is a blessing that has not yet been received? If you are special to Him, do you believe He would  prevent you from obtaining something good? Only if it was not a good thing, right? Or if the right time had not yet come.
God has given us the right to be called His children.  How does this compare to earthly blessings?
The Feast of Tabernacles brought this spiritual awakening.  Do not ever trade the blessing of your salvation for any earthly thing.  Seek Him first and all else will be added to you in due time, but your priority must be "to take part of this holy nation".


Being the tool to highlight this revelation was a privilege that I will never forget.  I shall always recall the cold, rainy afternoon of  20th October,  in Johannesburg, when many women reconciled with our Lord and Saviour, making Him their priority in life.
The celebration came with a bonus.  We were inspired to give thanks for the life of the one who brought us to the church, whether it was by inviting us, through a flyer or  a newspaper left in the taxi.
We made a vow to become tools in God's hands to save others.  Which is better: giving or receiving?

Marcia Pires



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This event was such a blessing to me. Especially when we had to pray for those who were used by God to invite us to the church. When I think about it, I become happy because my grandmother is still in the church and still praying for us.