Monday, January 11, 2010

Make Room


My husband makes a remark how we behave when we buy something new but still we want to keep the old one just in case. When we buy a new set of pots, we tend to keep one or two of the old set, which do not look good anyway, just in case we need that later.

When we rationalize about it, we actually see no sense but I know many friends who do the same.

Imagine you are in dear need of a new mattress and when the company delivers the new one, you tell the guys to place it on top of the old one? It will not serve the purpose!

Spiritually speaking, we want to add on new things to our life without making room for them. We hope we can accumulate a new way of thinking, a different attitude, and a questing spirit to the old ways.

How can I see things in a new perspective if I am too attached to my old vision upon life? How can I enjoy a new me if I am so related to the old one? How can I make new decisions, and take up new challenges and embark in new projects if I can’t let go of the old ones who led me nowhere?

We are starting a brand new year, a horizon of options, challenges and changes ahead that will definitively take us further, new conquests, new achievements in life, new relationships but it will only be possible if we make room for each one of these new areas.

We cannot expect to take hold of all this if we are not prepared to renew our minds and thoughts and feelings for it.

Look up for God’s advise in this matter:

“Behold, the former things have come to pass, And new things I declare; Before they spring forth I tell you of them.” (Isa 42:9)

The old things took place already, shaped your life, changed your being but now new things are on they; for that you only need to make room for them

2 comments:

Adri Costa said...

I am looking forward to it! Let the old, grumpier things go and just let the brand new things come across!

Thank you for such wise inspiration.

Donna said...

Thanks Marcia.Truly wise words to live by. Holding on to old things is like walking looking backwards, you don't get very far and it brings great confusion and damage to your life - so the best thing to do is no matter how hard it may seem - out with the old and in with the new and enjoy the benefits it brings.