There is beauty in the work of our hands
The virtuous woman, described in Proverbs 31:19, clearly had the talent of working with her hands to benefit her household.
As women of God, we all have talents of our own and WiA members have again proved this to be true. Because of their dedication and work, we have been able to raise funds, campaign after campaign, to help numerous associations:
• Ikhaya Lezingelosi Day Care Centre, Johannesburg
• Good Samaritan Childrens Home, Limpopo
• CANSA, Johannesburg
• Teddy Bear Clinic, Johannesburg
• Rape Crisis Unit, Cape Town
• WAMACA, Durban • WAMACA, Pretoria
• Let’s talk about Cancer, Johannesburg
• Hillbrow/Berea Home of Hope, Johannesburg
• WAMACA, Johannesburg From time to time, various WiA members have been inspired to craft a pin, bijoux (jewellery), key holders and most recently the “Fragrance of Freedom” bracelet.
Only through the vital assistance of a team has it been possible to produce these trinkets in sufficient quantities to raise funds for charity. We exchange the work of our hands, our offering, for contributions that will generate income for these well-known organisations.
WiA members feel honoured to be able to contribute in such manner. Much effort over many weeks, including working throughout night vigils, simply add value to the causes we support. As WiA founder, I wish to convey my sincere thanks to each and every one of our members who has worked so diligently to assist the needy, proving once again they are truly virtuous women.