Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fast of Daniel - Day Four


Why the Fast of Daniel is for anyone – those who are not yet baptized with the Holy Spirit but also for those who are? Because it is the opportunity to grow in every way and become a witness of our Lord Jesus on the earth that really resembles His Spirit and not a one of our own.
Few years ago I have made a prayer myself asking God to work in me what needed to be changed and soon after a situation came upon me that required heaps of patience because there was nothing that I could do myself to have it solved. It could not be solved in my time but in God’s time.
And off course I was praying and complaining about that situation and God just pointed to the following verse:
“being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in your will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ” – Philippians 1:6
In other words: “you have asked me to work in your and now you want me to do it in your time?”
As we offered ourselves to God, He has started a good work in us and in every opportunity He is giving continuance to this good work that will be complete on the day of our salvation.
So do not waste your chance to grow, follow the lead of the Holy Spirit, confront yourself, see what is missing, or how light you have been taking your Christian life.
Day Four – day of confrontation – Search deep down if you have already surrendered your all to God – tomorrow we will touch in this area – if not, allow the Holy Spirit to work in you.
Marcia

1 comment:

Yoyo said...

Dear Mrs Marcia, this is very important, until we totally surrender all to God, He will be unable to perform the miracle of a new birth in our lives.