Friday, September 27, 2013

Fast of Daniel - Day Five


If we want God’s 100%, we should in exchange offer Him our 100%, right?
The Holy Spirit is His 100% and sometimes one may not receive the Holy Spirit or be revived because in actual fact there is a little share that has not been surrendered.
Not something big, easily spotted, but little foxes that come and make part of our life and we don’t even realize they have been around for long.
One point to consider: we say we trust God, we have been to the altar to commit our life to Him, we have materialized our trust through sacrifices but read this question loud:
Do I trust God even when His answer to my prayer is NO? Do I trust that by saying No to my request, He knows better and has another plan for me, which I am in perfect peace to abide to?
Have you notice emphasizes to “perfect peace”? Only when we are secure about something we have peace of mind but isn’t that very odd to be in peace with something that is opposing to our plans?
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight (Prov 3:5-6)
The verse says with all your heart – the centre of your emotions, exactly where one can easily deceive oneself saying words not meant, surrendering but not actually surrendering it all.
However this is the trust we need to have in God when we surrender our life to Him – in an unquestionable or undeniable manner.
Day Five – did I surrender my will, my plans and I am perfect in peace with God’s direction or do I still need to surrender some more?
Marcia

No comments: